Gospel Music From Cissy and Whitney Houston
[Funky guitar intro]
"Thank GOD.
I've been redeemed.
I don't know about you.
But I'm somebody.
On Christ the solid rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.
I don't know about you.
But I am somebody.
I can be a preacher.
I'm somebody.
Thank you LORD.
Good GOD
I'm somebody.
I could be a doctor...
if I want to [I prefer to preach].
I'm somebody.
I don't know about you
But I'm somebody.
I'm somebody."
We can persist listening to good Gospel music. Gospel music is encouraging music that motivates instead of causing negative emotions. Gospel music encourages us to persist with happiness and devotion to GOD Almighty. There are other types of music that look to discourage our faith. This is intentional and that is why there is idolatrous music. Blues, rock and roll, idolatrous rap, and even pop can promote idolatry.
It is important to distinguish and persevere with good music that guards our heart and mind from believing lies. Blues music was made in the 1800s to discourage individuals based on the problems of life. Gospel music says there may be problems, but GOD Almighty resolves. Rock and roll says you have to worship the accuser, use alcohol, drugs, and be adulterous. Gospel music says that is idolatry and shields us from the wrong path.
Idolatrous rap says life is about money, cars, and marxism machismo or feminism. Gospel says no idolatry and there is the need for genuine empathy. Pop music may be idolatrous and also incorporates adultery (since the 2015s romantic pop music was probably sabotaged for speaking about fidelity in a relationship). Gospel states that GOD Almighty merits the worship. Gospel music is the genre that actually helps us persevere instead of deceiving or discouraging us.
Cissy Houston made a Gospel album that has good songs. I have only found some songs yet they offer encouragement. One is called "I'm Somebody". The song describes how while the snake reviles and insults us through envy, GOD Almighty calls us called, chosen, and faithful. GOD Almighty says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." The song states that we are somebody when we decide to repent of sin and choose Christ. Houston describes that being a preacher is a great profession while all my life I had never heard that from television series, movies, nor music. Never heard that in the top 100 professions on magazines. Never heard of that in articles. Never heard of that in video games. Never heard that ever since the 1990s. I recently heard the song a few weeks ago and was amazed. The song is amazing and has great rhythm and melodies. Houston also has a great voice. Whitney Houston probably learned from Cissy Houston and became a great singer. We can persevere listening to amazing Gospel music instead of idolatrous music.
- I Go To the Rock- Whitney Houston
- Jesus Loves Me- Whitney Houston
- The Battle is the LORD's- Yolanda Adams
- To the LORD- A Tribute to the Gospel Legend Al Hobbs
- The LORD's Prayer- Andrea Bocelli
- You Raise Me Up- the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Count Your Blessings- Cissy Houston
- All Glory Be to Christ
- Nearer My GOD to Thee-the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
No comments:
Post a Comment